Thursday, February 21, 2008

Where the deer and the antelope roam...

As all of you already know, by reading my wife's blog, I have been sent to Abilene, TX for assignment with the U.S. Forestry Service. And some of you also eluded to the fact that I need to get Les a gift for all of the work that she will no doubt be handling all by her lonesome! Hopefully I can get her something from down here that may be a little bit meaningful, but probably not! Well in 13 days I will be able to head on back to Arkansas, not to the old stomping grounds of Sheridan, but off to our new humble abode in Haskell. I sure wish that I didn't have to come down and do this work down here, as I need to be home and helping to work on the new house! I know that there will be plenty of work to do when I return home... lots of boxes to unpack and things to be stored in the attic. I will try and work on my blog more then I have been, I guess I don't write stuff all the time cause I don't want to bore all of you with constant updates on what part of the U.S. I flew to that given day.... but I will write random blog posts more often then I currently do. Well gotta run I think that we are going to go to lunch here in a little bit.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just talked to you at DFW - sounds like you forgot where everything was out there. Remember our field trip out there to see the entire airport. Why did I do that, especially with 4 boys! But it turned out ok. You guys must have been 9 or 10. Do you remember? Hope this trip isn't as long as you think it might be. Sounds like you and Leslie are really excited , and why not! It's a big step! Congrats and See ya soon! Love, MOM

LeLe said...

FINALLY...a new post. Just kidding. I have to rag you, ya know. That really stinks about you having to be out of town during the move, but at least you were able to get some movers. That should move things along quickly. I hate moving so much! At least this one will be permanent for quite a few years.

LC said...

You know, everyone keeps saying poor Matt, pittyful Matt! You know what I think...lucky duck! How convient that Matt has to "work" on the weekend of the move! Smart move, Matt!! Hope I have to "work" the next time we move.

B Lines said...

I don't consider posting about where you flew boring. Give us po folks a little excitement eh? Maybe we can enjoy traveling around the country vicariously...

Les said...

I'm not worried about a sentimental gift...a new Dooney & Bourke purse will do! (ha!)

LeLe said...

Oh, and it's actually "Where the deer and the antelope PLAY." It's the buffalo that roam. Just thought I'd correct you since I'm sure you don't get enough of that at home. :)

I agree with Mom. It's not boring where you're flying. Just don't talk about plane engines unless one of them goes out.