Monday, February 25, 2008

Same post different day...

Well I am finally here in Amarillo, I arrived here this morning around about 10:30 am or so and man is the surrounding coutryside flat! We (my air attack guy and me) just got back from lunch, there is a cute little resturant just next door to the place were are sitting at. I have a feeling that later on in the day there will be a few fires to fly on, as the winds are gusting up to about 38 kts or so. I had to say goodbye to my mom and dad this morning, I know they were sad to see me go, but it was good to see them even if it was only for one evening!

6 comments:

Les said...

Keep up these daily posts! It makes me feel like I'm talking to you. I miss you very much and I'm ready for you to come home.

I'm sorry you didn't get to spend more time with your parents.

Blessings All Mine said...

Amarillo by morning....up from San Antone....Everything that I got....is juuuust what I got on....

Sorry, stories about Amarillo deserve a lil' George Straight to create the proper ambiance...

Les said...

Chelle,
You have NO idea how many times that song has gone through my head since Matt left for Amarillo!

Unknown said...

Glad you got to Amarillo ok. After we left Abilene it started to get HOT!!!! Turned out to be 91 degrees this afternoon. WHEW! We were going to go to the Zoo this am, but it was way too windy. Thought with our luck that your Dad would probably lose his hat in the wind and the giraffe would end up wearing it. Maybe he'll take me to the Fort Worth Zoo instead. Stay SAFE and get some rest. Love, MOM

Unknown said...

I had the exact same song in my head as Chelle.

LeLe said...

I've been singing "Amarillo by Mornin'" too. It's just one of those songs that when you see the city name, you can't help but think of the song.