Friday, February 22, 2008

I would walk 500 miles.... to Walmart

Well this morning I woke up about 5:30 am and I was in need of some personal hygiene products, as the airlines won't let you carry any liquids that would amount to anything these days. Well after talking to the guy at the front desk of our hotel, he said that it was a little walk around the way over to Walmart, so I started my journey. Well after about 2.5 miles I finally arrived at my destination. Well I arrived back at the hotel with enough time to shower up and go downstairs and eat breakfast with the guy that I am going to be flying with. This guy is from Idaho, and he is the definition of a mountain man... all bearded up and rugged looking, no not like Sawyer from Lost rugged. I think that he and I will have a good time flying together as he is very knowledgeable and is pretty easy to get along with.

4 comments:

LeLe said...

Love your title! :) I heart The Proclaimers.

Anyhoo, since you were riding with a Mountain Man, maybe you didn't have to get all cleaned up after all...

Les said...

Ha! Lele, your comment cracked me up!

Well sweetie, look at it this way- at least you got your exercise in for the day.

Unknown said...

My legs are tired thinking about walking 2.5 miles anywhere.

LC said...

Yeah... 5 miles is pretty good! 2.5 there and 2.5 back! I'd said forget it. That's probably why the mountain man looked so mountainous! He didn't want to walk to walmart!!