Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weird Things You Didn't Know About Me...

Here are some unusual things about me that you may not know...

  1. I have Adult A.D.D. the reason I know this, I was watching T.V. one time and they had a commercial come on and it said, "Do you forget things, Does your wife tell you something to do and you don't do it?" See I do that, I have it. Les said it is just A.L.A.S. syndrome... (Adult Lazy A%* Syndrome) she is probably right.
  2. I play video games, which annoys my wife immensely, to my defense they are mostly sports games, football and baseball which are my two favorites. I try to tell Les I play them to keep my eye-hand coordination in top condition for flying.
  3. I don't have much of a temper... I can't remember the last time I was trully upset. But when that does happen, watch out cause I could just snap, Les said when I really get angry it is pretty scary.
  4. I sometime talk in my sleep, to which Les starts asking me questions... thanks Les. Recently when I was studying every day for my checkride she tried to get me to wake up after about only 4 hours of sleep and I started reciting Federal Aviation Regulations to her as to why I couldn't wake up for 6 more hours due to need 10 hours of consecutive rest after completing a flight.
  5. When I was in high school, I got picked up for shoplifting... Well that taught me quite a few lessons, if you don't have the money to buy it, you don't need it.
  6. I am paranoid when I go flying.... not in a hearing a voice way, or a someone is out to get me way. But a did I check everything way, I always check and recheck myself to make sure that I remembered to flip every switch and set every dial correctly.
  7. I have an obsession with hats, I wear one pretty much all the time... which probably means by the time I hit my mid-thirties or fourties I will be bald like me dad.
  8. I was an eagle scout, which means I like to go camping. Les on the other hand does not, unless we can buy a pop-up camper trailer... so that the snakes can't get her.
  9. I don't mind washing/drying clothes... I hate to fold them, but I am getting better I think.

Well that wraps up the things that you may not know about me... hope you enjoy. I won't be tagging anyone due to the fact I am probably the last person to do this survey.

7 comments:

LeLe said...

I was privy to seeing your temper flare one time at Leslie during college when your friend lived above that garage and I think you said something really ugly to her and I said something really ugly back. No one messes with my girl, now!

It's a good thing you're OCD about flying...maybe that's why you have ALAS in your downtime. Haha.

Les said...

That's right, Lele! Sistas 4-eva!

In Matt's defense the very, very, very few times he's been angry with me, I've usually pushed him a little too far with the nagging.

B Lines said...

I'm soooo glad you are ocd about your flying. I'm sure your Mom and Les are too!

LC said...

Oh...heavens sakes alive Matt...print this out and frame it. Les admitted that she nags! Woohoo!

BTW: I am very glad to have you back blogging again!

Unknown said...

#4 cracked me up..and I am with the rest of the people and am glad you check and recheck the planes

Blessings All Mine said...

Times when it's okay to be OCD: #1) When you are a pilot. #2) When you are on-the-job as it relates to #1.

Unknown said...

WOW - What things to learn - Ha Ha = Knew all of them. Can not believe the sunglasses thing was EVER mentioned. It slipped my mind long ago. As for the MAD thing. Yes, you do get mad when you are pushed. Yes, I have pushed too, Leslie. But you are SOOOOOOO sweet most of the time. I am really glad you are compulsive when it comes to flying. Good to know you check and re-check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, YA - Mom