Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Passed my Checkride... and all gods people said amen...

Today at 7:00 am I took my part 135 checkride in Little Rock... and passed, thank you Jesus! At the present time I am sitting in St. Louis after just finishing a flight and I cannot describe to you the amount of relief that I feel after completing my test and flight this morning. One of the main reasons I haven't been able to blog in quite some time, was due to being waist deep in textbooks and charts! Les and I are able to move forward on the purchasing of our 1st home something that she and I are both fired up about. Now I can finally say that I will be the bread winner out of the two of us, something I didn't think would be a reality about 1 year ago. Les and I both agree that maybe failing this checkride was the best thing that could have happened to me... I am frequently refered to as a coaster, doing enough just to get by and had I passed the 1st time there would be alot of information that I would not have learned that could have affected my flying career in the upcoming future. The previously mentioned failure helped me to realize I had to get myself in gear and not let my family down... so after alot of hard work and continious prayer it all paid off! I promise to all of you who may still read this blog that there will be more blogging in the near future as I will have alot free time to get on here and post random things about aviation that will all bore you to tears, so stay tuned, I am back...

6 comments:

Les said...

I'm very proud of you! I love you very much!

LeLe said...

A-A-Amen! A-A-Amen!!!

So proud of you. There is a reason for everything and you are probably right about the learning and maturity you gained throughout the last year. God is good!

BTW, Mabe had to do the roll play thing in training today. Haha!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the test! That is great news. A new house together is so exciting!

B Lines said...

Congratulations! We knew you could do it. So glad you are in a place in life where you are happy. It's a blessing to be able to do what you love for a living!

Blessings All Mine said...

Oh, I'm so proud for you! Way to "man up" and do what's best for yo' family. Wait, I'm va-klempt. Twalk amungst ya'sevs...

LeLe said...

Wait, I'll give you a topic: airplane as neither air nor plane. DISCUSS!