Sunday, July 8, 2007

Eight Random Things About Me

Well I guess I am playing catch-up on here so since everyone else seems to have done one, here goes!


1. I am not really afraid of many things... except for spiders, needles, and hospitals. I think that I am afraid of spiders because you never can tell if one is poisonous or not till after it bites you! Needles hurt so that pretty much sums that up, and at hospitals they have needles and you usually need to be hurt to go there!

2. Even though I am outgoing to a certain extent.... I am kind of a loner. Being an only child really helps you learn how to entertain yourself growing up! I am not saying I don't like hanging out w/ friends and family... I can just make due on my own as well.

3. I don't like to take off from work! I enjoy going to work, and not just because I get to fly airplanes. I think that in the last 4-5 years I have taken a grand total of 2 sick days off or so. Days just seem to go faster when you are at work.

4. I hate to read books! Les and I were talking about this yesterday. She is really hooked on this set of novels by the guy that wrote "Kiss the girls." I think that she read the fourth book in the series in one evening. I turned in most of my textbooks from college with the plastic wrapping untampered with!!!

5. I am a morning person! I love waking up early! Now I do not wake up as early as my father-in-law, but early enough. Its kinda nice to sit and relax early in the morning.

6. I have Adult ADD... Les swears that I do not, that I rather have A.L.A.S. (Adult Lazy *** Syndrome) which is probably a better description. But sometimes it is hard for me to remember what I was supposed to do and when! It could be that I am unorganized, which Les is not, and that drives her nuts.

7. I love to travel! I have been to alot of states on the east coast as my parents and I used to drive to Pennsylvania every summer when I was growing up. I have been to alot of pretty cool places also w/ a buddy of mine that flys out of Little Rock, probably Ludington, MI was the farthest away that we have gone and it was really beautiful.

8. Last but not least I have a terrific wife... she is my best friend! Sorry Adam and Shannon, but she is the first person that I want to rejoice with or confide in. I am really a lucky man to have her in my life!

7 comments:

B Lines said...

Where in PA? I lived there for a while as a child.

LeLe said...

These cracked me up. I hate spiders too. You also never know when they're going to slide down that stupid web silk of theirs and land on your head! I had a scary incident with a black widow once and called my Dad screaming. He told me to kill it and I just couldn't do it because I was scared. I eventually tore her up with the sole of my shoe.

I hate hospitals b/c they are simultaneously joyful and mournful...they bring life and death.

Love your helmet picture. Good stuff. Wish I liked going to work as much as you do. I've already exhausted my 5 sick days this year. And loved the reference to the A.L.A.S.

MJD said...

My Mom is from Reading, PA about 30 min NE of Philadelphia

Les said...

It is my goal to eventually get A.L.A.S. as a formal, psychological diagnosis. I believe that we could diagnose many men with this "disease."

By the way, I heart #8!

LeLe said...

I know one guy who used to live in Arkadelphia who had A.L.A.S. Ha! Oh, and he had the video game addiction, which they are actually creating rehab for now. Crazy!

Blessings All Mine said...

Hey, MJD! You are lucky to have Les! Glad ya'll still make each other laugh! haha. Yaaay for happy marriages! haha.

LeLe said...

Yaaay for happy marriages indeed, Chelle! Refer to unhappy marriage mentioned in my comment above concerning A.L.A.S. and video game addiction. :P
Refer to my whole blog for happy marriage!!! Yaaay for do-overs!