Wednesday, July 11, 2007

$500 is alot to spend on a paper weight!

If you spend your hard earned money on something, especially 1/2 a grand or so you would think that it wouldn't cease to operate in a years time, right? As most of you know, I enjoy video games... I am not addicted to them, but they are fun to play and can help me relax after spending sometime up to 6-8 hours in an airplane. Well last night I thought that I would fire up the old Xbox 360 and play a game of baseball... bad idea! All of these red lights were going off on it and I am really suprised that it didn't start to smoke. At that moment all I could think about was that NCAA Football 2008, the football game that I have already paid for comes out in 6 days and my console decides to go haywire. Well I call 1-800-my-xbox-is-screwed or what ever the number is and the lady that sounded like she was in Iran said that my Xbox was going to get fixed for free... woo hoo. Only problem is that since so many of them have been screwing up, it will take 6 weeks for them to fix it! Words cannot describe the anger I felt last night... that was until Les took me to Wendy's and bought me a Vanilla Frosty! Well I was really happy that the 17th of this month was fast approaching so that I could get my new football game... well I guess I can use it as a drink coaster till I get my Xbox back.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This post sounds almost too much like my own husband except he has a Playstation 2. He makes me play the NCAA 200? football so he can be the Razorbacks and me the LSU Tigers or something...too funny.

LeLe said...

You always make me laugh. Sorry about your game console and that should say something to Mr. Gates that his game system is SCREWED since everyone else's has been messing up. XBox is Microsoft, right? I can't remember...

MJD said...

Microsoft makes Xbox and usually they make a pretty good product... just not the one that I bought!

Les said...

You poor baby! Something tells me I'll be taking you out for more vanilla frosties during the next six weeeks.

B Lines said...

Curses! Foiled again!

LeLe said...

I'm so glad the most up-to-date game console we have is a Dreamcast. Now, that's old school...Love some Mortal Kombat.

MJD said...

Lele,
Dreamcast was pretty sweet... Brandon (remember the guy that talked to himself) had one and it had a pretty cool fishing game that came with it.

Unknown said...

Matt - thought I added to your comments yesterday, but I don't see them. Didn't quite get the paper weight thing. Are you trying to say the xbox cost 500 dollars? Thought you said you got it as a present from some of Leslie's relatives? I must be in left field, since we never let you have a game like that when you were growing up. SORRY!!!! Bye for now. Love, MOM

LeLe said...

Haha. Your mom just busted you out.

MJD said...

I think the Xbox cost about 400 dollars or so... Les and I bought it with the TV we have. Only problem was that it broke the other day (hence, a giant paper weight, which is all that it is good for) Xbox is going to fix it because it is under a 3 year warranty.