Monday, July 9, 2007

30% chance of rain?

Sometimes I wonder how the National Weather Service comes up with their predictions on the weather! Do they have a dart board and a couple of chimps, the chimps throw the darts and what ever numbers they hit they add together to get the rain chances? It has rained so hard here in M-town that there was quite a bit of standing water in our yard, and I think that if it rains anymore... I may need a boat to get back to work! Today is another fun filled day of nothingness at work, to bad outside to go flying, and rain sure doesn't help forest fires burn. Well there were a few lightning strikes around here, one of them hit our hanger... thankfully we had a lightning rod on it! Well everyone should pack a raincoat for tomorrow I think that they are calling for a 40% chance!

3 comments:

Les said...

You crack me up! I've got bad news for you. Channel 7 says the weather is going to get worse this afternoon.

Unknown said...

I heard the same thing Les heard on my little weather radio. (yep, I am a farmers' daughter and always have my weather radio handy). Its sunny here right now but there is another line of storms heading this way...kind of scary when the sun comes out!

LeLe said...

I had to go to the doctor this morning and got back at around 9:30...right when the downpour started at my office. Of course, I had on flip flops and right as I got out of my car, even with my big @$$ umbrella, the rain blew sideways. Yep. LeLe got her whole back wet, feet soaked, and hair all nappy. I hate being wet in a cold building...yuck! I love your vision of the monkeys throwing darts. Pretty sure Ned Perme is a monkey.