Saturday, July 21, 2007

Aviation the good and the bad...

As some of you know, either from myself or from Les, I have been flying with a friend of mine in Little Rock for about 2 years or so building up some multi-engine flying time and experience. About 6 months ago or so it looked pretty promising that his company was getting ready to need a pilot to fly their airplane due to the fact that both of the pilots that were flying for them were going to be moving on to better things. Well I found out that the possibility of flying for their company kinda went up in smoke as the companies executives have decided to sell all of their airplanes. It made me sad that this job opportunity went away as fast as it had surfaced! But after thinking about it for a minute I realized how bad it could have been if I had started to work there, then the company decided that they no longer needed a plane and a pilot! I know that at least I have job security here flying for the State, cause there is always going to be forest fires! I have a long day ahead of me, have to entertain myself due to the fact Les now has the new Harry Potter book and she said it will be finished in a span of 24 hours, she has till midnight tonight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Matt - What in the world are you wearing on your head in the picture? It looks like a split open soccer ball. As for the job, great things are in store for you just around the corner. Where God closes a window, he opens a door!! Best of luck with new and better oportunities. We love you, Mom and Dad

MJD said...

that thing on my head is a "Dora the Explorer" helmet that Rylee wears when she rides her little 4 wheeler. Les took a picture of me with it on and thought that it was funny!

LeLe said...

Matt, tell Leslie I can't believe she's actually reading...even though she is an English teacher. Remember, I went to school with her. Haha.

Like your mama said, good things are in store. Sometimes it takes awhile...like TWO YEARS. I'm still waiting for that "perfect job." Anyway, Dassault Falcon Jet is expanding in LR so you might want to check that out. I don't know anything about them though, just that "Dassault" is pronounced in French so don't say "Da-salt"--it's "Da-so". I didn't know until I heard it on the news.

Unknown said...

I like the word "Dassault" just because it has assault in the latter part of the word.
Our very good friend is a pilot for Continental and made finally made captain last August and Richard also has a friend that does private jet flying for I think the Razorbacks, but I would have to verify that with the hubby. There are sooo many doors that you could open and God will help you.
Praying for you and Les.