Monday, August 20, 2007

Gonna spend about 300 dollars to save 200...

I don't really know how much my "handy work" is going to cost until Wednesday!!! Handy work refers to the trench that I dug in the yard to bury our Dish Sat. cord. The Dish worker told Les and I that it was going to cost about 200 dollars to bury the cable in the yard, well I thought that I would save the money and dig it myself, bad idea!!! Well I get our cable buried and thought that everything was fine, till Les called me while I was flying yesterday and said that she had a conversation with our next door neighbor about their Dish not getting any signal after I had started my digging! Well I came home and dug up our cord and the next door ladies cord, and I think that I found the problem... I cut her cord when I had jammed my shovel into the ground... well a Dish tech is coming out on Wed. to look her stuff over and Les and I will be paying for the visit it looks like, WOOHOO. Thank goodness that I can fly an airplane, cause manual labor sure doesn't look to be my thing.

4 comments:

LeLe said...

Yuck! Sorry about your moving woes. That doesn't sound like any fun. When we moved into our duplex, our Dish box and the next door neighbor's box were interacting with each other. We'd be watching a program and all of a sudden, the menu would pop up and start scrolling down to another program. If you take the little silver antenna off the back, that won't happen anymore.

Unknown said...

We have had to move our Dish twice because of the tree that continues to grow and cover the position. Constantly loses signal every time the wind blows. Not sure if its the C & L (Candles and Lanterns) or the Dish.

Unknown said...

Hi Matt - Sounds like you are just like your father, sorry!! He cut the telephone cord when he was digging trenches for the sprinkler system. Hope yours isn't very expensive. Are you sure you can't fix your mistake???? Good Luck. Mom

Blessings All Mine said...

Sooorry, MJD!!!! That can't be a good first impression on your new neighbors! LOL!