Monday, September 15, 2008

Getting tired of going to Houston...

Well as all of you know, hurricane season is officially here... and it seems that I have been running a taxi service to and from ports of call in the Houston, and New Orleans area. On Friday I took a group of nurses down to Houston from Dallas, and I may have to go pick them up here in a little bit as I guess all of their work has subsided due to Hurricane "Ike" making a B-line to Canada over the weekend. These past two hurricanes have seen me at one time or another going to New Orleans and also to Beaumont, TX and of course to Houston. Needless to say when we were staying in New Orleans, some of the people there wanted me to go out to eat with them on Bourbon St. After being there for about 24 hours I can understand the reason why God has sent Katrina and Gustav in their general direction... I hope that I never have to go back and stay in that godforsaken town again! Well all else is well, had a pretty uneventful weekend due to the hogs game getting cancelled but thankfully "Ike" delayed the slaughter till a couple of weeks from now.

2 comments:

LeLe said...

We're totally gonna get our butts kicked by Texas and that really bothers me...

Yeah, New Orleans is, in the words of my brother, a "doo doo hole".

LC said...

I think it's awesome that you got to help with hurricane relief. However, I hate that you got stuck in New Orleans. It's so stinkin' nasty. Don't get me wrong...I feel sorry for the people who lost everything but I think New Orleans is a nasty little town!